Unit 04 “Introduction to Electricity & Magnetism” Quick Links
Overview: This unit focuses on the importance and generation of electricity in our society. We will also take a look as some of the fundamental properties of electricity and how it is used.
Useful Tips: We again will be drawing many sketches. Having a ruler, highlighter and colored pencils will be helpful in this unit.
Main Idea: Electricity and Magnetism
- Presentations and Notes
- Class Activities and Homework
- PBS Learning Media
- Assignment: Create a google document with the title “PBS Exploration – YourLastName”. Then create headings for each of the linked bullet points below. You are going to click on each link below and either watch the corresponding video or complete the activity that goes with it. You are then to write a ONE PARAGRAPH summary (5 sentences) for the link/activity. You will have a total of SIX paragraph summaries when done because there are six bullet points. If you would like to see an example of how to setup your google doc, click HERE.
- Energy (Choose Two to Write About)
- Making Electricity at a Coal-Burning Plant
- Energy and Electricity: From Source to Use
- Electricity: The Lifeblood of our Modern World | Humanity From Space
- Top Ten Nuclear Power Plants
Electric Particle Hockey (Needs Java)
Circuit Virtual Lab (Needs Java)
John Travoltage (HTML 5 – Can Run in Browser)
Video lessons are lessons recorded by me for the purpose of assisting you through difficult concepts. At this point in time the list of available videos is limited. Not all content is available online. As new videos become available, news posts will be posted on the front page of BClassroom.com. If you subscribe to BClassroom via email, Facebook, or Twitter you will be informed automatically when videos are posted.