Main Idea: Real Numbers and the Coordinate Plane
Overview: In this unit students will explore the pythagorean theorem using tools like exponents and square roots. They will also look at advanced graphing techniques like rotations, translations, and reflections.
Unit Break Down:
- 3-1 Exploring Square Roots and Irrational Numbers
- 3-2 The Pythagorean Theorem
- 3-3 Using the Pythagorean Theorem
- 3-4 Graphing in the Coordinate Plane
- 3-5 Equations, Tables, and Graphs
- 3-6 Translations
- 3-7 Reflections and Symmetry
- 3-8 Rotations
We don’t have very many online resources for this book, however there are some similar books that have online resources that may be helpful in practicing ideas were are talking about in class. Below are links to a complimentary textbook for Indiana Pre-Algebra Level Mathematics.
- Chapter Resources (Select CHAPTER 3 content for this unit)