Main Idea: Equations and Inequalities
Overview: This unit in pre-algebra focuses on how to solve simple algebraic expressions in two or more steps. This unit is mostly review and is really divided into two main ideas. One main idea focuses on equations while the second half of the unit focuses on inequalities.
Unit Break Down:
- 6-1 Solving Two Step Equations
- 6-2 Simplifying Algebraic Expressions
- 6-3 Solving Multi-Step Equations
- 6-4 Solving Equations with Variables on Both Sides
- 6-5 Solving Inequalities by Adding or Subtracting
- 6-6 Solving Inequalities by Multiplying or Dividing
We don’t have very many online resources for this book, however there are some similar books that have online resources that may be helpful in practicing ideas were are talking about in class. Below are links to a complimentary textbook for Indiana Pre-Algebra Level Mathematics.
- Chapter Resources (Select CHAPTER 8 content for this unit)